Subject: Re: Carol Neblett
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:29:50 -0500

Yes, I have that recording too, and loved her voice… did not realize she passed away…. Sad week…
Kati

On 11/26/17, 1:35 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of Vesna Danilovic" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Michael Kaye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

    > Rest in peace!

    I must say I'm surprised by the silence on this forum... I'm afraid I don't
    know much about Ms. Neblett but, reading her obituary, she must have been
    well-known to the NYCO, Met, and Chicago audiences, and at other venues as
    well. I have her recorded FANCIULLA and, not having listened to it in a
    long time, will play it later this week. I kept only two FANCIULLA
    recordings, one with her and the other with Steber's Minnie. Domingo and
    Milnes were also excellent on that recording, if memory serves me well.

    Incidentally, there was a clip from the Ponnelle LA CLEMENZA production
    with her and Troyanos on the Arts Showcase yesterday. It was poignant to
    later read that she just passed.

    Not a good week for the opera world.

    Vesna