Subject: Re: Carol Neblett
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:54:58 +0000

Hi Vesna

It was a very short career, in fact. She made her operatic debut in 1969
and her glory days were essentially over by 1980.

I saw her as a very fine Ariadne at City Opera, and later in a memorable
production of "Die Tote Stadr" in the same theater. Her Met debut was
in the infamous Ponelle "Dutchman", recently trashed to death on this
forum. She erased no memories of Leonie, but no one has in the last
sixty years. Neblett sang it well, with a really good top register, but....

I also saw her as Minnie in Vienna, and was wowed, as I was at a lot of
her vocalism. She was a very good looking woman, with a fine stage
presence, which helped. It was a prestigious career while it lasted, but
it should have been better than it was.

Bob