Subject: Re: Carol Neblett
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Nov 2017 13:34:33 -0500

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Michael Kaye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Rest in peace!

I must say I'm surprised by the silence on this forum... I'm afraid I don't
know much about Ms. Neblett but, reading her obituary, she must have been
well-known to the NYCO, Met, and Chicago audiences, and at other venues as
well. I have her recorded FANCIULLA and, not having listened to it in a
long time, will play it later this week. I kept only two FANCIULLA
recordings, one with her and the other with Steber's Minnie. Domingo and
Milnes were also excellent on that recording, if memory serves me well.

Incidentally, there was a clip from the Ponnelle LA CLEMENZA production
with her and Troyanos on the Arts Showcase yesterday. It was poignant to
later read that she just passed.

Not a good week for the opera world.

Vesna