Subject: Re: Met Requiem
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 25 Nov 2017 12:59:17 -0500

For me it was a very disappointing Requiem.
The women ran away with it.

I normally happen to like Furlanetto much more than some other opera
buds who find that he barks too much, but even he seemed less than some
others I have heard that seemed more right.

As nicely as I can put it, Antonenko either was quite ill or something was
amiss with the sound coming through the airwaves that obviously did not
attract his voice.

The "Ingemisco" was wrong, wrong, wrong.  It is supposed to sound
vulnerable, tender and reverent, not loud and strong.

The "Lacrymosa" was a disappointment with little balancing of voices.
I sat through it because it is Verdi, but I have heard much better and I am
worried that if this is the offering to other audiences, they will be missing
out.