Subject: Re: Hvorostovsky
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Nov 2017 18:32:23 -0500

Thank you for letting us know about it, Bob.

I've just found that it can be heard live this evening on the Met free
audio stream. It starts at 7:55 pm.
http://www.metopera.org/Season/Radio/Free-Live-Audio-Streams/

What a sad occasion... It was supposed to be LA FORZA with Hvorostovsky
essaying Don Carlo for the first time at the Met (I don't know if he ever
did this role elsewhere). Both his performance and the entire production
were cancelled awhile ago when it was decided to be replaced with Verdi's
REQIUEM (Antonenko and Furlanetto, who will be singing in REQUIEM this
evening, were also in the cast for LA FORZA). I read in his interviews
that, besides Tchaikovsky, Verdi was his favorite composer. So sad, very
sad.

Best, Vesna