Subject: Re: Exterminating Angel
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Nov 2017 05:52:50 -0500

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 23:50:00 -0500, Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When the Met put on The Tempest with Luna I think some of those squeaky notes she sang
might have been A's

According to the article in the NY Times, she "only" had to go up to a G in "The Tempest". It
also mentions a couple of recent Olympias who've gone up to an A-flat. According to the
article, the A is the highest note they KNOW has been sung in a Met performance, though "it is
possible that an even higher note could have slipped through the archival cracks."

The article also notes that there's an even higher B in the score of "The Exterminating Angel",
but it's in brackets as an option.

https://tinyurl.com/yann996n