Subject: Re: When a beloved and great singer dies in their prime.........
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Nov 2017 21:13:47 -0500

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 12:36:38 +0000, tom ponti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The Boccanegra duet [with Hvorostovsky & Fleming] is gorgeous, the Trovatore duet is
exciting and beautifully sung. These performances reminded me how beautiful Fleming's voice
was. I think Maria in Boccanegra would have been a good role for her. Perhaps she did sing it?

She did, at Covent Garden in July 1995:

Conductor	Bernard Haitink
Paolo Albiani		Vassily Gerello
Pietro		Michael Druiett
Simon Boccanegra		Alexandru Agache
Jacopo Fiesco		Roberto Scandiuzzi
Amelia Grimaldi		Renée Fleming
Gabriele Adorno		Michael Sylvester
Maid		Elizabeth Sikora
Captain		Rodney Gibson

I believe she hosted one of the Met "Live in HD" Boccanegras, and mentioned that those
Covent Garden performances were the only one's she'd done.