Subject: Re: RIP Dimitri Hvorostovsky at age 55
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:24:15 -0700

It is indeed with great sadness that we all awoke to this horrible news.
Fate - La Forza del Destino - is a strange thing.  Here is a man so gifted
with a supremely beautiful natural voice and the uncanny ability to connect
with an audience, surely one of the great singers of his generation, struck
down at a young age by not just any cancer but one from which there is no
release.  From the date of his diagnosis, there was no other outcome.  Many
brain tumors, both malignant and benign can be successfully treated, but
not the one he had.  It is a great tragedy and he will be missed.  RIP
Dimitry Aleksandrovich Hvorostovsky.

Donald Levine