Subject: Re: Death in Venice
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:04:29 -0500

Did Mahler inspire, without knowing it, the best music for DEATH
IN VENICE, when he composed his 5th Symphony?  That's the
conclusion I always come to when seeing Visconti's cinematic
masterpiece.  Opera was the last thing I imagined when I read the
Thomas Mann story, long before either the composer or the film
director were known to me.

dtmk