Subject: Re: Caballe and coloratura
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Nov 2017 06:33:18 -0500

That Rossini and early Verdi recital she recorded shows some stunning coloratura, and she doesn't soften or slide through it. I enjoy especially the energy and commitment in the Lombardi aria. The role of Giselda as a whole is particularly fiendish technically. As far as I know, she never sang it on stage, and though she was not invariably successful in her immense stage repertoire, she sang Norma, Isolde, Salome, and Turandot. Few singers have sung all these parts.

Giselda's aria: "Qual prodigio"

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzb-yf-t8Gw

Mezzomaniac