Subject: Re: Exterminating Angel
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Nov 2017 18:59:22 -0500

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 6:23 PM, A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>  since my cinema in Framingham, MA which is usually quite good in terms of visuals, was dark and murky, not nearly as sharp as usual in terms of focus.  Did others have a similar experience, or maybe our screens are needing replacement?

We had no such problem in my cinema in Michigan.

The people around me, and I personally found the performance compelling.  Ades was masterful in his vivid writing for a huge cast undergoing a myriad of emotion and psychological degeneration in a constant, complex choreography.
The cast was uniformly excellent in performing music full of virtuosic demands as was the orchestra playing instruments familiar to the opera house and those not so familiar, ranging from doors to tiny violins and of course the Ondes Martenot.
The more I hear from this composer, the more I enjoy his sound world.

Ron Magnuson