Subject: Re: Pun Time (formerly, Caballe)
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:48:00 -0500

I have had people shot for less.

:)

Ray Gouin

PS:  The king once had a jester who would not stop making puns.`  The jester ignored all warnings and demands.  Finally, in exasperation. the king warned him that the next time he made a pun he would be executed.  The jester was able to control himself for three days but then, inevitably, made another pun.  The king ordered him executed.

A scaffold was built in the castle courtyard, notices posted, with the king, his court and a crowd gathered for the fateful deed.  The jester was dragged from the dungeon where he had been kept since the king's pronouncement and then up the thirteen steps.  The rope was placed around the jester's neck.  But then -- remembering the good times and ignoring the bad ones -- the king experienced pity and granted the jester a reprieve.  As the rope was taken off from around his neck, the jester turned to the king and said "I'm glad to get my head out of that noose."

The king had him executed immediately.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.