Subject: Re: Nilsson on Corelli and Turandot
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:04:56 +0000

One of the most gorgeous performances of an aria, I ever heard, was by Jesse Norman at a Paris Gala in honor of Maria Callas after her death. The aria was from the Damnation of Faust, in which Norman was magnificent. I think that the older she got, Norman's voice sounded more like a mezzo with a good top range.