Subject: Opinions on the live NORMA from 1977 with Caballe and Cossotto?
From: Matt Carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 Nov 2017 22:20:57 -0500

I love Caballe but, admittedly, don't know her full career in depth.

She's wonderful in bel canto roles, but did she ever display sustained coloratura?

Every time I hear her recordings, she uses her standard (but gorgeous) tricks to get around coloratura phrases.  She holds notes a long time, suddenly deploys her astounding pianissimo, etc--everything but sing coloratura.

Can someone point me to a recording where she actual sings some?