Subject: Re: Death in Venice
From: Christopher Weimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 Nov 2017 18:49:31 -0500

I count myself lucky enough to have seen (in person, not counting videos)
two very strong productions of Death in Venice, one at ENO by Deborah Warner
with Ian Bostridge and one at Glimmerglass with William Burden.  Luckier
still, I was able to see each production twice, and would have returned yet
again if my travel plans had allowed it.  I find the work riveting and
deeply moving; at the end of the brilliant, wrenching Phaedrus aria I always
find that I've been holding my breath without realizing it.

Christopher Weimer