Subject: Re: Nilsson on Corelli and Turandot
From: robert levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Nov 2017 12:17:11 -0500

Cracking doesn't damage the voice; it's a reaction against and protection
from strain. The throat just refuses to do what is  not good for it.
I still maintain that he was a pushed up baritone who had the top three
notes "borrowed" - I felt the same way about Jessye Norman as a soprano.
She just wasn't.
Bob