Subject: Re: When I Am Laid in Earth
From: Mark Bartelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Nov 2017 19:25:01 -0800

I've heard of "bucket lists" before, but I guess this
thread qualifies as a "kick-the-bucket list".  ;-)

Anyway, my list is rather long.  But, despite my love
of opera, it doesn't really contain anything operatic.
Vocal and choral, certainly; but no opera.  So here's
what I'd like to listen to during my final hours (or
days, or weeks, or whatever).  A few of them appeared
on other people's lists, but not all.  Anyway ...

Bach's B Minor Mass (many times!)
Bach's D Minor violin partita
Lots of Mahler (8, 9, and 10)
Lots of Bruckner (4, 7, 8, and 9)
Strauss's "Vier Letzte Lieder"
Mahler's "Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen"
The last movement of "Das Lied von der Erde"
Brahms' Requiem

There are probably a couple that I've forgotten about
in addition to the list above.

I guess if I wanted to add anything operatic, it would
be Parsifal.