Subject: Re: OPERA-L Digest - 17 Nov 2017 to 18 Nov 2017 - Special issue (#2017-1118)
From: Ariane Csonka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:49:23 -0500

I was surprised that no one said this before, I thought it was so obvious. What lovely friends, to do this for him.  Other excerpts do come to mind: the apotheosis from Ariadne auf Naxos, the final trio from Faust.
A dear friend and forever sponsor of the Met just passed away in Palm Beach at 99 and 11/12 years old, and requested Brahms Requiem be played at his memorial.  I believe 2 of the 200 attendees enjoyed it...