Subject: Re: When I Am Laid In Earth
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Nov 2017 14:12:42 -0500

"Denn alles Fleisch es ist wie Gras" from the Brahms Requiem.  "All flesh is as grass, and the
glory of man as the flower of grass.  The grass withers and the flower fades.  But the Word of
the Lord endures forever."

This amazing piece starts as a somber funeral march for the human race - we are all going to
die - but it ends in a burst of joy.

(Of course, I am not such an egoist to think that I will have a full choir of 80-100 at my
funeral.)

MDW