Subject: Re: When I Am Laid In Earth
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Nov 2017 02:02:20 +0000

Strauss's Four Last Songs are probably my favorite pieces of music, and
were I an optimist I would gladly wing my way to heaven on their last
fading chords. But--assuming I am conscious of my surroundings and still
able to care--I may prefer a piece that will make me say, "well at least
I'll never have to hear that again."

The two that spring to mind are "La donna e mobile," preferably sung by
a squeaky-voiced contestant on "America's Got Talent," and The Knack's
"My Sharona."