Subject: Re: When I Am Laid In Earth
From: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:31:15 -0500

Samuel Barber told me in the mid 70s that not only did he not want his Adagio for Strings played at his funeral (it wasn’t), his mother made the same request.  I sang Dover Beach at the service.  The Westchester, PA church was about 2/3 full.  Menotti, pianist John Browning and a rep from G. Schirmer were the only people of name.

But a friend of his from Germany did fulfill one funereal request: he wanted croutons thrown on this casket.  I saw it happen.

Donald