Subject: Re: Nilsson on Corelli and Turandot
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:20:32 -0500

I never fully believed the religious angle either, and I think Peter Grimes
keeps company with Siegmund,  My dream cast for a much needed
modern recording of the Paris version, when all the possible principals
were in top form, in 1960s Super Stereo, and with Leopold Stokowski
conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra, included Vickers, with Crespin as
Venus, Farrell as Elisabeth, Sills as the Shepherd boy, and Prey as
Wolfram; I even designed a cover for it.  Today I'm not as enthused about
Farrell, but Grummer had already committed herself to another label, and
the studio for this undertaking had to be in the US.

dtmk