Subject: Re: When I Am Laid In Earth
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:09:16 -0500

A piece that has been with me since my earliest days - that taught me the
concept of "Inevitability" in music  - the idea that it could not play out
in any other way than the way it did  - Casta Diva.  I would have Callas
sing it as she could with the refulgence she had for Cetra in '49 and the
understanding she brought to EMI in 1960...