Subject: Re: Nilsson on Corelli and Turandot
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Nov 2017 22:23:57 +0000

Right! Vickers did claim a religious objection, but the role of
Siegmund created no religious, ethical or moral conflicts. Psst,
lean over, It's called "tessitura". I adore Jon Vickers, but.......

I will add that I heard and saw both Bergonzi and Corelli in
"Forza". Bergonzi was, to my ears, superior in every way. It
was one of his greatest roles. Corelli was very good, but I
would never count it among his greatest roles.

Bob