Subject: Re: Sherrill Milnes Master Class at Arizona Opera & Tosca weekend.
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:10:58 -0500

Don's post reminds me of a period some twenty years ago when I was doing
interviews for 'Classical Singer' as a kind of hobby.  Invariably what
prominent artists said off the record was much more interesting than what
they would allow in print.  One of them, for example, told me that people
would be very surprised at how many of his colleagues were not particularly
fans of opera, never listened to the great older singers in their 'Fach',
and thought that people like us were close to bonkers.  Sherrill Milnes is
an obvious exception.  Everything I have read from him suggests that he both
knows and loves the great tradition, and is anxious to pass it on.

David Kubiak

_________