Subject: Re: Nilsson on Corelli and Turandot
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:35:16 -0500

The following was sent to me by Stefan Zucker, who asked me to post it to the List for him:

"The following is from Franco Corelli and a Revolution in Singing: Fifty-Four Tenors Spanning
200 Years, vol. 2, forthcoming at the end of Nov. 2017:

"FC: There’s always rivalry onstage. To go up against Nilsson I had to learn how to put forth
110 percent of the voice that I had. At La Scala in 1964 they screamed “hams” at us because
we held high notes so long, trying to outdo each other in Turandot. Nilsson was born
dominant—her voice was, too."

Thanks, Stefan.

MDW