Subject: Re: Nilsson on Corelli and Turandot
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:47:59 -0700

So I will take you up on this:  My somewhat incomplete list.

Met:

Der Fliegende Hollander - Rysanek, Macneil
Die Walkure - Nilsson, Crespin, Vickers, Ludwig, Stewart, HvK
Die Walkure - Crespin, Janowitz, King, Stewart, HvK
Any number of Walkure with Nilsson, Crespin, Rysanek, Vickers or King,
Stewart.
The few Met appearances of Rita Hunter and Margaret Price
Don Carlo - Caballe, Corelli, Bumbry, Merrill, Siepi
Andrea Chenier - Milanov (Farewell) Tucker
Parsifal - Cesare Siepi (Gurnemanz), Crespin, Brilioth
Don Giovanni - Sutherland, Lorengar, Gedda, Siepi, Bohm
Faust - Lorengar, Gedda, Merrill, Siepi
Norma - Sutherland, Horne, Bergonzi, Siepi
Roberto Devereux - Radvanovsky, Garanca, Polenzani

NYCO
My first Rosenkavalier ever - Elisabeth Grummer and Frances Bible
Beverly Sills as each of the Three Queens and Manon

Any number of recitals and concerts over the years with Vishnevskaya &
Rostropovich, Crespin, De Los Angeles, Bergonzi Farrell, Gedda,
Schwarzkopf, Fischer-Dieskau and some others.  In the old days, I grew up
on remarkable song recitals.  Then we have the pianists - Horowitz, Arrau,
Novaes, Tagliaferro,  Rubinstein, Serkin, Barenboim, Argerich.....

Donald