Subject: Re: Turandot
From: Larry Kellum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:07:08 -0500

Hi. Poor Calaf is restrained by guards, as is Liu, who in many
performances i have seen breaks the shackles  to deliver her
aria............who cares............the aria breaks my tear ducts
after 40 (!!) some odd years of hearing it sung by every soprano known
to mankind......its NOT ABOUT HIM at that moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its
Puccini being himself by getting some heroine in there, like every
other opera of his, to follow his trademark of girl dying for man in
one way or another..................................enjoy w/ kleenex
the simpatica of the moment!! Larry