Subject: Re: Menotti: The Consul . . . and other works (was Re: Turandot)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Nov 2017 14:37:22 -0500

I'm still crediting you with instigating the absorbing TURANDOT
thread which now seems to have run its course. I thought the
whole thing was completely justified.  I can perhaps boast of some
little instigation too, for having suggested that archivist Charles
Mintzer might post his advice on the uses of the unique Met
Database.  Those TURANDOT reviews cannot be ignored if one is
at all interested in Puccini, and the Met Database, thanks to the
ongoing efforts of Charles Mintzer, as well as to the late Robert
Tuggle, must be recognized as one of the glories of the internet.

dtmk