Subject: Re: "These are some of my favorite composers..."
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:19:52 -0600

I am with Bob about those with the greatest operatic legacies (and
influences).

If we speak of personal favorite composers, individual idiosyncrasies are
perfectly fine, I think. For me, those would be Mozart, Verdi, and R.
Strauss. Only after them, a few more: most Gluck (yup, him), some
Tchaikovsky, most Donizetti and Bellini, Rossini's grand operas (his latter
stage), most Gounod, early Wagner plus his last one (Parsifal).

Best, Vesna