Subject: Re: "These are some of my favorite composers..."
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:51:50 -0500

I bite every time -

There are a ton of really great operas (we just finished, I think,
a thread on "Dialogues") but, in the end, the greatest operatic
legacies are those of Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, Wagner and
Richard Strauss. They will be the "bread and butter" of opera
repertoires as long as opera lives.

No Russian or French! Yup! No Russian or French. Good, often
very good, but not in the same league. In my opinion.

Bob