Subject: Re: TURANDOT
From: David Coco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:54:09 -0600

All this carping about Puccini- familiarity breeds contempt, hasn’t anyone heard this saying. So even the compelling Janacek would suffer from the type of over-exposure that many of Puccini’s operas have gotten.
For me, I could see just about any of them anytime, though not the Bondy “Tosca.” THAT was one of cheapest looking, ugliest productions I’ve ever seen, though Act 3 was ok.
my 2 cents….

David Coco