Subject: Re: Turandot
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:45:45 -0500

Back in the dark ages when I was new to opera I thrilled to the 1st act duet

from Tosca on the Met broadcast with Kirsten and Tagliavini.  Puccini was

the most exciting opera composer imaginable.  Now my feelings are in line

with Tom and Roberta.  Apart from Trittico and Fanciulla I usually turn down

opportunities to rehear the others for the thousand time . I would though

add Janacek to the list from Roberta.  His music is immediately recognizable

and is always interesting and full of life.

Angelo from  Boston