Subject: Re: Turandot
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:56:10 -0500

agreed

----- Original Message -----
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:50:34 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Turandot

I have seen this opera many times, and it does not float my boat, for some reason. I simply can’t get emotionally involved, and although I like some of the music, I would be happy if popular culture moved on from the tenor aria, and while they are on it, please get over O Mio Babbino Caro as well

Truly I am a Mozart, Handel, Rossini, Bellini, Donizetti, Verdi, and Offenbach enthusiast. Most of these composers have held my attention since childhood.  I also love lieder, chanson, canzone, e tutu quant, starting with old Italian. Puccini is only intermittently interesting to me anyway.

> So what I am saying it that it’s a very personal matter.

Happy Fall Day
Best
RP