Subject: Re: Turandot
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:40:29 -0500

Tom Frey wrote:

"[Calaf] is a true rectum who stands by while his servant girl is tortured till she commits
suicide to protect his sorry butt."

I don't really think that's fair.  Calaf can't do anything about Liu's torture because he is being
restrained by Turandot's guards.  And he loudly protests Liu's treatment and mourns her
death.  Just what do you think he should have done?  Called on the power of his magic ring
and spirited Liu off to safety?

That said, I, too, find Calaf a rather uninteresting vial of testosterone.

MDW