Subject: Re: Turandot
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:03:31 -0500

Read more carefully; no one, that is NO ONE, said anything of the sort; it
was all about the aria overexposed out of context.   Many, way too many
arias, duets - like the one from PEARLFISHERS, - are performed much too
frequently as concert pieces.  There is a wealth of non-operatic, neglected
song
repertoire that opera singers frequently used. in concert and on records
rather
than opera arias in ye olden days.

Prime example, and my favorite duet for tenor and baritone:  Balfe's
magnificent
EXCELSIOR.  How about Matthew Polenzani and Sir Bryn Terfel on the next
Tucker
Gala?:

dtmk