Subject: Re: Turandot
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:17:48 -0500

The very first message on this topic, only a couple days ago, was yours;
and  was a rave for the opera, for Zeffirelli, and the performance, so now
you're
all of a sudden "Nessun dorma'd out"?    I still have'nt heard who replaced
Antonenko for the third act, but I have to groan every time someone
complains
they're tired of hearing an aria, any aria; you have no body to blame for
that
but yourself..

A peek at the archive reveals that their has been a volume of RE: TURANDOT
messages that Gmail, for some reason, is not delivering - a new form of
censorship, or have I accidentally touched a key I shouldn't have?

With Paul Padillo, I have no use for the idea that TURANDOT  ends with the
death of Liu, but, as fascinated as I am by what went on between Toscanini
and
Ricordi, I remain convinced that a curtailment of some kind, leads to a more
satisfying conclusion, than does the complete  Alfano.   That composer's
other
works, I agree, including a pair of excellent symphonies, is not to be
overlooked.

dtmk