Subject: Re: Halloween: Operas to Chill Your Blood By
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Nov 2017 00:51:47 -0400

I may be entirely wrong, but years ago the Cincinnati Opera presented Schwanda the Bagpiper which, if I remember correctly, had the devil and hell all over it. Vivid staging of hades. If you ever have a chance to see it, pass it by . Outside of the overture and dances. the opera is a lesson in mundane.