Subject: Re: Verdi's Macbeth
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Nov 2017 01:03:24 -0400

According to legend, someone at the Met was told to order 10 chairs. By mistake he or she ordered 100 chairs and they have been turning up ever since, I saw them in Carmen here in Cincinnati  and they also "graced" a performance of Madam.Butterfly staged in a bus station. I always hope they make it to Don Carlo for the auto de fe and are thrown in the bonfire.