Subject: Re: Dialogues des Carmélites : A Brief Observation
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:50:37 -0500

Camelites is one of the outstanding operas of the 20th century.

I have seen it many times and  notice that Mo. Nezet-Seguin

plans to conduct it during his upcoming Met tenure.

Both Stratas and Norman were great as Mme. Lidoine. Mitchell

was very good also.  I cannot forget a Boston Conservatory

staging many years ago when the guillotine blade was shown

bloodier and bloodier with each beheading.  That we didn't need.

Angelo from Boston