Subject: Re: Dialogues des Carmélites : A Brief Observation
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Nov 2017 19:19:51 -0500

I had a very close up seat to Dialogues at the MET and the
glorious/glamorous Shirley Verrett was Mme Lidoine - She wore her habit
like Haute Couture and when she made the sign of the cross it could have
been directed by John Waters for all its exaggerated high camp
flamboyance.  Those arms were flying, floating,, and sweeping  in honor of
the Trinity...Is there anything more enjoyable than a Diva "doing" Piety...