Subject: Re: Restaurants near SF Opera
From: Andrea Julian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Nov 2017 15:41:02 -0500

Inexpensive restaurant recommendations near War Memorial Opera House:

1) Golden Era Vegan, 395 Golden Gate Ave near Larkin. Really good
Vietnamese vegan food, not busy at dinner time. I love the banh xeo, which
is a large, filled crepe.

2) Arlequin Café, 384 Hayes St (next door to Absinthe, same owner). Order
at the counter and find a spot to sit and wait for food to be brought to you. I
like the mac 'n cheese, roast chicken, spicy lamb burger.

3) DragonEats. 520 Gough St (near Grove). Tiny banh my (Vietnamese
sandwich) place with a few tables and counter seating. Also has noodle
dishes. Closes at 6 pm (Sundays 5 pm).

4) Chez Maman, 401 Gough St (at Hayes). Open continuously all afternoon,
so get there early if you want a table. Also has counter seating for singles
and pairs. I like the moules (mussels, prepared 4 different ways).