Subject: Re: Restaurants near SF Opera
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:18:24 -0800

I had used my 2nd post yesterday, so was embarrassed at leaving out the place we actually ate last night before the opera, Lers Ros as Marvin describes. Really excellent Thai food with touches from northern Thailand that bring some unusual flavor combinations. Easy on the wallet, compared to some of the surrounding places.

One place that’s very popular is Caffe delle Stelle. Tried it once and not impressed - heavy, garlicy Americanized Italian food - but the place is always packed, so someone loves it.

Is Barcino the one that moved in where Boxing Room used to be (where Citizen Cake used to be before that)? Haven’t had chance to try it yet.

Haven’t been able to try Rich Table yet; always a prixe-fixe and I’m limited by a very picky eater other half.

Max Paley