Subject: Restaurants around SFO
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Nov 2017 10:08:42 -0800

would suggest you contact the opera box office for suggestions, or do a
Yelp search for restaurants in Hayes Valley / near the War Memorial Opera
House. Hayes St. and environs have become very trendy, with tons of
restaurants vying to take your money.

Most of us who don't want to spend a fortune line up at The Grove on
Franklin Street, place our order, sit at a table, and wait for the food to
be brought to us. Some of the salads are quite good, albeit not organic.
The closer you get to curtain time, the more crowded and noisy it becomes.

I used to eat at a Chinese restaurant a few blocks away, but it has closed.
There is a cheap, cold place on Hayes and Octavia, again where you line up
at the counter and they take your order. I think the Grove has better
food. The truly health conscious go to Ananda Fuara on Market St.; it's a
restaurant founded by followers of the late Sri Chinmoy. I must admit that
I grew tired of soybean loaf with tomato sauce on top, but there are some
nice dishes there.

jason victor serinus