Subject: Re: Halloween: Operas to Chill Your Blood By
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Nov 2017 11:20:41 -0500

Two of the most unattractive activities a human being can engage in,
hateful vengeance and cannibalism, afflict, not the score, needless to say,
but are the essential themes of the work.  Isn't that enough?   If we
happen to admire the style of a given composers work, are we obliged
to like everything he decides to "set to music"?

dtmk