Subject: Re: Booing at the Met
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 29 Oct 2017 08:44:32 -0400

But what has that to do with premature applause?  You may personally love
what you see and hear but that doesn't mean you have to demonstrate
inappropriately at the cost of ruining the evening for others.  You could
still knock yourself out shouting and applauding and stamping your feet
without doing so before the opera is actually over.  Self restraint is

I fail to see this point at all:  why does shouting and applauding early
better prove your love?

It seems to me, all it proves is a certain arrogance or ignorance, whichever
best fits.