Subject: Re: Butterfly and THAT Chord (Was Re: Booing at the Met)
From: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:56:49 -0400

My very first operatic experience (age 10) was a 1965 Fort Worth Butterfly dress rehearsal.  She knelt behind a small screen.  When she did the deed, she fell forward, knocking down the screen.  This created an updraft, suddenly blowing the (tissue paper) flower petals upward and then float slowly back to the floor.  The only cast member I remember was Domingo, who sang there often.  I think Joan Wall sang Suzuki.

Donald