Subject: Re: Booing at the Met
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:07:41 -0400

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

And I've always felt I'm a bit of a purist myself, but clearly not compared to you guys, lol.
To each his own.

"Discordant" is a completely wrong term, by the way. The final chord of Butterfly is
completely tonal and not at all dissonant in any way. (It's a simple VI chord in first
inversion. Nothing discordant about that.) It's completely unexpected, and does not
resolve as we would expect it to, but it is not a discord, even in this context. Mr. Kane
needs to go back to his first year music theory class, lol. (What? He never took that
class? Well, that explains it.)

;-)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:21:03 -0400, Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Agreed. There are to be some sort of board that overlooks opera presentations and
disallows such foolishness. I would gladly serve  a term or two.