Subject: Re: Booing at the Met
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:31:52 -0400

"That is exactly the kind of thinking that can destroy a composer's perfectly
placed musical inspiration.  What Puccini is saying in the most powerful
and ironic way, is that there is nothing more to say.  Any action on stage
while that excruciating chord is sounded would reduce it to a cheap shot out
of a third class "film noir".

dtmk"

It isn't often that I am on the same page as dtmk but this time I totally
agree with him.

It brings back unpleasant memories of Lucia's ghost coming back from the
dead to hand "poor weakling Edgardo" a knife to stab himself with.
How Donizetti must have been writhing in his tomb over THAT one!