Subject: Re: Dallas Samson and Dalila
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 22 Oct 2017 19:27:33 -0400

I had the privilege to sing in the chorus in a concert performance of S & D in Cincinnati. I don't recall the soloists but they were not well known , as least not  by me. I enjoyed all the choral parts and of course the solo arias are gorgeous. I agree the Bacchanal is fairly banal , but I've always thought that long before I did the opera. It's an attempt at pagan orgy music, but I see dancing elephants.